Many major ISPs are blocking outgoing emails. The reason they do this is to prevent you from using their internet connection for spamming purposes. You will still be able to send emails, but only by using your ISP'S outgoing mail server. To solve this issue, you can change your SMTP port to an alternative port. All our servers are now setup with an alternative port which is port 26. Below is the instruction on how to change your mail client's SMTP setting:
1. Tools > Account Settings
2. Double click on your email account > More Settings
3. Goto Advanced tab, under Outgoing server (SMTP), change the port 25 to 26.
1. Start Outlook Express, click the Tools menu at the top of the window and then click Accounts.
2. Double click on your email account 3. Goto Advanced tab, under Outgoing server (SMTP), change the port 25 to 26.
1. Go to Tools > Account Settings.
2. At the left pane, select the entry Outgoing Server (SMTP). The Outgoing Server (SMTP) Settings appear on the right.
3. Edit to , change the port 25 to 26.
4. Click the OK button.